WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Monday, September 17, 2018:A gray 2007 Ford Ecovan was struck by an 18-wheeler in a hit and run on the 93 South Exit 41 ramp. State Police notified. (12:49pm)Police advised vehicle that blocking travel lane in front of Middle School to move into parking spot. (2:33pm)Police issued a citation for failure to stop for a school bus with flashing lights on Middlesex Avenue. (3:11pm)A caller reported she witnessed a female party defecate in the middle of the Savers parking lot and drive away. Police checked residence, but female party not home. Police were eventually able to advise her. (3:29pm)A caller reported a motorcyclist cut him off and punched his window. Motorcyclist was following him, but is no longer. Caller was told to drive to police station. (3:56pm)A caller reported one male was kicking another male on the ground in the street on Park Street. Upon police arrival, one of the males ran into the woods. Police was able to locate and arrest the male. Christopher John Wiese (33, North Reading) was arrested with Assault & Battery with a Dangerous Weapon. (4:40pm)(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedPOLICE LOG for August 3: Man Issued Summons For Resisting Arrest; Turkeys Struck In Roadway; Hit & RunIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for August 25: Police Respond Twice To Customers Behaving Badly At Market Basket; Erratic Driver Admits To TextingIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for August 19: Fist Fight At Planet Fitness; Hawk Stuck Inside Building; Gas Line StruckIn “Police Log”
The U.S. announced that it would be reviewing India’s eligibility for the GSP last year, but decided that it would withdraw the benefits in June 2019.Days after America imposed 25 percent tariff on steel and a 10 percent import duty on aluminium products, under its Generalised System of Preference, India has imposed retaliatory tariffs on 29 products imported from the United States, effective June 16.Though the tariffs will place a burden of $220-290 million on the United States, America’s imposition of tariff on Indian products will have a revenue implication of about $240 million on our steel and aluminium products.The Modi-led BJP government had initially decided to impose these duties on June 28 last year but the deadline was extended multiple times in the hopes of a solution emerging through negotiations on a proposed trade package.The US announced that it would be reviewing India’s eligibility for the GSP last year, but decided that it would withdraw the benefits in June 2019.In retaliation to the move, India has notified higher tariffs on several goods, including a hike of import duty from 30 percent to 120 percent on walnut, and 70 percent on masur dal. The duty on lentils will be increased to 40 percent, and on boric acid and binders for foundry moulds to 7.5 percent.The other products on which duties will be hiked include certain kind of nuts, iron and steel products, apples, pears, flat-rolled products of stainless steel, other alloy steel, tube and pipe fittings, and screws, bolts and rivets.The Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal said last week that India accepts the decision of the US to withdraw GSP benefits to its exporters “gracefully”, and will continue to work towards making the exports competitive.India’s move comes in the light of a meeting between US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Japan, on June 28-29.Meanwhile, US secretary of state Mike Pompeo is also scheduled to visit New Delhi on June 25-26, on his way to the G20 Summit, to hold bilateral discussions with his Indian counterpart and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar.
Four people, including a man and his son, were sentenced to death in murder cases in Chandpur and Narayanganj on Monday.In Chandpur, the court of district and session’s judge Md Saleh Uddin Ahmed sentenced two young men to death for killing their friend in the district town in 2012.The condemned convicts are Habib Gazi Nishan, 24, and Nazmul Bepari Sumon, 26.The court also sentenced them to three years’ rigorous jail each on another count for stealing two mobile phone sets of the victim.According to the prosecution, the convicts called Al Amin, son of a certain Md Oji Ullah of Biponibagh area, out of his house on 31 October 2012. However, he did not return home.Later, Al Amin’s family members filed a general diary with Chandpur model police station.Following the complaint, police arrested Nishan and Nazmul who confessed to police that they strangled Al Amin to death and buried the body in an orchard at Raldia village.Following their confession, police recovered the body.Md Abdur Rauf, then sub-inspector of Chandpur model police station and also investigation officer of the case, submitted a charge sheet on 27 January 2013.After examining all the records and 17 witnesses out of 47, judge Md Saleh Uddin Ahmed handed down the verdict.In Narayanganj, the court of additional district and session’s judge Mohammad Ali Hossain convicted a man and his son of killing Maksudul Islam Tuhin, a schoolboy, in 2015 and sentenced them to death.The convicts are Billal Hossain, 55, of Bogadi Kandapara village in Araihazar upazila of the district, and his son Mahfuzul Islam, 17.According to the prosecution, the condemned convicts abducted Tuhin, son of one Nasir Uddin of the village on 8 May 2015.Nasir filed a general diary with Araihazar police station in this connection on that day.Later, the abductors called the victim’s father over mobile phone and demanded Tk two million as ransom on 9 May.On secret information, police arrested Mahfuzul, a nephew of Nasir, from Narsingdi district on 12 May.Later, gleaning information from Mahfuzul, police recovered the body of Tuhin from a drum at the village and arrested Billal also.After examining all the records and witnesses, judge Mohammad Ali Hossain delivered the verdict.
BNP senior leader Moudud Ahmed. Prothom Alo File PhotoClaiming there is no ‘existence’ of any government in the country, BNP senior leader Moudud Ahmed on Friday hoped that the political situation will be changed very soon.”No one is arrested for attacking the US ambassador though we all know who carried out it. Around Tk 800 crore was plundered from the Bangladesh Bank, its gold has turned silver and bronze and over 100,000 tonnes of coal have got disappeared, but no one is arrested,” he said.Speaking at a discussion, the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) leader further said, “Observing the overall situation, it seems that there’s no government in the country…I would like to say the country’s political situation will be changed very soon. Now, it’s the last time for a change.”Nagorik Odhikar Andolon Forum, a pro-BNP platform, arranged the programme at the National Press Club.Moudud, a BNP standing committee member, criticised chief election commissioner KM Nurul Huda for what he said playing a subservient role. “Out of freak of conscience, he (CEC) made a true remark that it is not possible to give assurance that there’ll be no anomaly in the next general election. I’ve seen in newspaper that four other commissioners disagreed with him. So, he has now no right to stay in his post,” the BNP leader said.He demanded that the CEC step down immediately.Moudud alleged that the government has deceived the students through the Road Transport Bill approved in the cabinet. “The bill approved in the cabinet is totally a political bluff. The government has politically deceived the students,” he observed.He said the students sought a provision of capital punishment for killing in road accidents, but their demand was not met.The BNP leader said only the punishment is increased to five years from three years. “The death sentence will be given if the intentional killing is proved. However, it’s not possible to prove it.”
Advertisement Apparently, you can not play the phenomenal mobile game Pokemon Go in Saudi Arabia.This is because of a “fatwa”(no. 21,758) which was issued in 2001, banning it from the nation.A Fatwa is a rule in the Islamic law given by a recognized authority. – Advertisement – The fatwa no. 21758 states that Pokemon game cards, which was very popular back then, is a form of gambling, which is forbidden in Islam. On top of containing polytheistic symbols, the game is also said to promote Darwin’s theory of evolution, both seen as religious violations in Islam.The General Secretariat of the Council of Senior Scholars has renewed the fatwa, stating that the new version of the game, Pokemon Go, is the same as the old one.Looks like you have to look for alternatives if you want to hunt Pokemon while living in Saudi Arabia.The entire Fatwa is here:
Copyright 2018 - Pet WordPress Theme